Wednesday, September 1, 2010

8 Days Straight

I know exhaustion clouds my mind when I get the urge to update this thing and I type in 'www.blogging.com" instead of just the regular url. Haha.

Last night I stayed up talking with my roommate Niki until the wee hour of 3am. Lately we have been doing that pretty often. It has been good as we have grown together as friends, roommates, and church members. This summer has fostered some wonderful and deep relationships, which I think especially of Hannah, Jake, Sarah, Sherita, Travis and Rebecca. Anyways, Niki and I took a short nap and went to pick up our friend Jake and take him to work at 4:30am. Then it was another short nap and off to work for me at 8.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and crazy times- calendar wise, spiritually, mentally, physically. I want to sleep, 8 regular hours, or maybe just 8 days straight. Sleep has been a theme of my thought life this summer, and not in any sort of productive way. More to come on that later I think.

Here are some of the events from this summer that Ive lacked in detailing:
-Drove to Allentown PA for my roommates wedding
-Last minute road trip to Washington DC
-Finished my internship at the travel agency
-Went home to Buffalo for a few days
-Had a good visit with Grandparents and cousin in RI
-Went to Maine for Entrust student leadership retreat
-Learned a lot about confession of sin and community
-Bought a bike and rode a lot
-Read some awesome books
-Struggled with watering both my garden and my faith
-Rhode Island Balloon Festival
-Said goodbye to roommates Sarah, Niki, and Emily and said hello to Niki again and Katie.
-Hannah and I bought Neti pots. Thats noteworthy :)


So its been an intense summer, and this is my last week of it. My last week ever of "summer vacation" as I head into my senior year of college.

Crazy times.
Let's do this.

-Alissa

1 comment:

Girl said...

ugh, Alissa, you just punched me in the stomach from 400 miles away. Last summer vacation ever?

I insist that you get your masters, amiga!

Also, neti pots HAHAHAHAA