Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Challenge 2: Character of God

This is coming from nowhere, but I decided to post my responses to the 2011  Boundless Summer Challenge on my blog as well as a note on facebook note. 

Today's challenge encourages us to meditate on the character of God. Step one is to think of characteristics that we think describe God. I came up with some that I've been more recently pondering: 
  • His is a Father
  • Sovereign 
  • Comforter
  • Creator.


The past six months have definitely opened my eyes to the loving father that God is, and I have learned that he can be trusted to provide, and that he loves me like a daughter. This aspect of God is a sweet one to ponder, and I can get caught up in thinking about it during the day.

Then we were encouraged to read and meditate on Isaiah 40, thinking through the characteristics of God once more. After reading this chapter, I was just put in my place. 

The chapter talks of the holy, powerful, magnificent character of God. We see him ruling with a mighty arm in verse 10, to being a gentle shepherd in verse 11. No God isnt bipolar, but he has different aspects to his character. 

After reading verses 27-31, I realized how often I do this. "God, do you seriously not care? Can you hear me? Why arent you seeing what is happening to me! Do you hear my cause? Listen to meeee!!!!" And wow, of course he is listening, of course he knows what is happening. He is the creator, he is not weary of me, he is sovereign, he is Lord. Sometimes I have to realize that just because I dont get what I want, does not mean God isnt listening, in fact he is in control of the world, he will NOT grow weary, and I need to worship Him. 

No comments: