Friday, July 22, 2011

The Electric Dream

Tossed and turning, the heat is the body bag holding me in captivity.
The fan whirs and cuts and chops the air but there is no release.

I tried to go to bed at a reasonable time, 10:30-ish these days, because 6am comes like a thief. Tonight, there was no hope for me in this kind of prison. Hello 1 am.

Maybe dreamland showed up, but obviously not for long.
I sit on the 2nd story balcony, listening to a strange electronica mix, and observe my baby cucumbers. I'm sure they revel in this kind of situation, begging for the bondage of the sun. I do not envy their lives.

The breeze tries making it's way around the hot enemy, but you can tell it is a fight this evening.
Ozone is thick, and I'm groggy because of it. Maybe also because my captor Chinese tortures me with exhaustion as well.

I read that there is an alligator in the Woonasquatucket River, just hanging out. With weather like this no wonder it is confused? Are we in the everglades on a summer day?

Electric and exciting dreams pulse through my mind. A cool mountain cabin in the cool forest far. Please let me dream of this sweet freeze for just a moment.


No comments: