Saturday, March 20, 2010

3 Things I Learned Today

I learned three interesting things about Russia today.

1. While at the post office trying to send off some gifts back to the USA, turns out that sending souvenirs is illegal. So that’s pretty neat. I searched the internet far and wide for this kind of outrageous law, but no such luck. I personally think its balderdash, and I know it wasn’t a translation error because I had my trusty English and Russian speaking friend with me. So when all your mailboxes are emtpy, know that I tried, and expect something around June. haha.

2. There is a giant flea market plus fruit market and mall, merely a block away from my flat, and it’s just full of glorious things. I’m sorry, can’t mail you anything. But that wont stop me from going there all the time.


3. Russian students would rather skip class and come to the English Club. Or at least Tatiana and Natalia would. This morning they showed up at the English Club, and we were surprised because they have school on Saturday. Well we were even more surprised to find out that they snuck out of their building and walked all the way from the school to the church (more than 25 minute walk). I told Pastor Sasha this and he just laughed and said “well that’s fruit for us.” True…. Haha.


Peace Out,
-Alissa

3 comments:

Alon said...

i dont like blogs because you cant "like" but if i could i would...especially the english club girls, and you trying to do illegal things ;)

Stephanie Kay said...

Illegal to mail things? Sounds to me like someone just didn't want to do the work. Maybe you should try again in a week or two when someone else is working. :)

Alissa:Adventurer said...

I agree with you Stephanie! I am going to check it out next week.

Lol Alon :like:

=)