Monday, March 8, 2010

Experience of a Lifetime

Why Hello There!

Just writing to you all to quickly let you know how things are going
in the good old country o' Russia.

The trip with the JWU/GHCC team has been awesome. God has been at work
in Russia, and the whole week was one blessing after another, some
probably in disguise. Doors of opportunity were swung open as we
invited college students to church, and the gospel was preached to
students who have never before heard it.

Last night I experienced something that literally was the most
terrifying, yet amazing and awesome experience in my entire life. I
watched my team mates: Kim, Jake, Kevin, and Erica drive off on their
way back to America, and I was now in a place where no one fluently
spoke my native language. Riding in the car with Pastor Sasha and his
wife Galina, we drove to Anya's apartment, where I will be staying for
3 months. The drop off was full of broken English & Russian, but
that's how it's going to be for a while.

This morning we walked to the church, a brisk and icey 15 minutes,
where the English Language Club was taking place. I am "shadowing"
Mike for the next month, until it is time to take over the teaching!
This is a new outreach for the church, and people have been coming who
have not been to church in years, or never at all!

Zavolzhye Baptist Church has been incredible in their hospitality and
are committed and dedicated to teaching the bible. Pray for them, that
they stay committed and become bold in the Gospel.


Thank you all for your support, and I am incredibly excited about the
opportunity to serve God in this way. Let us pray for one another
faithfully =)

Love you & God Bless
-Alissa-

p.s. feel free to write back anytime, and keep me updated on your lives!
Skype: ClosingatNever
=)

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Wow! I can imagine that was a strange feeling. Praying for protection and open doors.