Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fabricum Idolarum


Why does a box sitting on four wheels, rusty, engine pumping
-represent my freedom?

Why does a wooden plank with 4 legs, in my dining room
-represent my hospitality?

Why does a two legged, tall, dark, handsome, john smith
-represent my love?

Why does a slender and sleek ability to soar
-represent my joy?

Because my heart is an idol factory.
Manufacturing quality goods since 1989.

I need to shut it down.
Listen to me, heart:

"It is for freedom that Christ has set me free. 
Stand firm, then, and do not become burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
I am free from the bondage of sin.

"Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others."
I can be hospitable despite my circumstances.

"I will be glad and rejoice in your love
for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul."
God's love sees me and know's me.

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid.
 I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people."
Christ is my true joy.

Now that is the truth.

No comments: