Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How To Wake Up In The Morning

I struggle to wake up in the morning, and that is because at night, I am wide awake typically and struggle to fall asleep. How about you?

Through trial and error (read: being late to work and class and sleeping through important meetings and learning how to be an adult) I have learned some helpful methods on:

 How To Wake Up In The Morning

1. Drink water before bed. A whole cup. A cup of tea. By morning you will need to wake up to use the bathroom- your body will let you know.

2. Use more than one alarm clock. I use three. My cell phone, a regular digital clock, and a psychotic clangy thing that I want to beat up every morning.

3. Place them around the room so you have to get out of bed to turn them off.

4. Depending on where your bedroom is located, maybe you can leave your door open to allow the noise of people moving around in the morning wake you up.

5. Get in the habit of going to bed at night. Crazy, right?

6. Leave the blinds open so the morning sun shines right on your face.

7. Have your roommate yell at you through the door, "Do you want to graduate in May or don't you?"

8. Have your mom call your cell phone until you answer it, and then not hang up until she can hear the sink running.

9. Sleep with your cell phone just out of arm's length from your pillow.

10. Make sure your alarm/ringtone is OBNOXIOUS. No quaint little tones in this game. I like to use PhoneZoo to find the best annoying ones.

11. Do not drink coffee, pop, or carbonated/alcoholic beverages 2 hours before bed.

12. Think about the paycheck you will get if you make it to work. And think about how you will be fired if you don't make it to work.

13. Pray to God.

14. Set your internal clock. Right before going to bed say to yourself: "I need to wake up at 6:00am." For some reason, this works.



How do you wake up in the morning? Are you a morning person or a night owl?

6 comments:

mclele said...

I am definitely NOT a morning person, and I can verify that these tips are good. I set at least 3-5 alarms every single day, and it is still a struggle haha! Oh! If you like I can show you the old ringtone I used to have for my alarm. It is extremely obnoxious :)

Amy said...

Great tips! LOL! I am a morning person, so I wake up pretty easily although I'm not always ready to get up and begin my day. Since my husband is NOT a morning person I can totally relate to your ideas--and just might suggest he use some of them! :)

Hannah said...

So good! I kind of make my bed (or just pull the covers up to my pillow) as I am getting up to turn off my really annoying alarm. That way it makes it harder for me to get back in bed.

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Haha, I love you guys!

Hannah, that is a great idea! Though, I have learned in the winter months, if I wake up and just dramatically throw my covers off, it lets all the cold air in and all the hot air out- and therefore I'm less likely to want to curl back up into my little cocoon :)

Stephanie Kay said...

I am NOT a morning person. I recommend cutting all caffeine from your diet. Also sugar. And exercise a half hour each day. That will help you fall asleep at night which will in turn help you get up in the morning. If that fails then I recommend getting a child or two. They are very insistent on being fed breakfast and will usually get you up at an early hour. :)

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Stephanie, I would take some kids :) I like that recommendation! First I need to find a man. Any suggestions?