Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mini Expeditions: Abandoned Oddities

(photo credit: creative commons)

If you really know me, you will know that I love exploring abandoned things. My hometown (Lockport, NY) is a haven of old warehouses, factories, and secret trails into the woods or along the canal. As a kid, my friends and I would always go exploring!

 These photo-articles were super fascinating and I thought I would share with you!

Top Ten Interesting Ghost Towns Around the World


Abandoned Castles, Chateaus, and Mansions Worth a Visit


Deserted Europe: 20 Hauntingly Abandoned Buildings


5 Abandoned Stations of the NYC Subway


Abandoned Theme Parks Abroad (Open for Exploration)


Top Ten Interesting Abandoned Places


7 Spectacular Abandoned Hotels, Hospitals, and Churches



Enjoy!


Have you ever explored abandoned places?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In fact I have! We used to go to King's Park Insane Asylum and walk around inside. Creepy...

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Oh That is creepy, legitimately creepy! But exquisitely intriguing!