Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dont Hate Me If I Fall Off The Earth


(above: doing some work in a boardroom at the Collette rotation, in our fabulous blue uniforms!)

Collette Vacations has been a great rotation so far, and Im really enjoying it, even if I do get slightly cross eyed from reading excel spreadsheets. But atleast they are interesting and thought provoking. My job this week has been to combine all the data from 2008's monthly budgets for all airline interaction into one big year 2008 financial outline. I get to see the breakdown of how Collette uses each airline, where they take the airlines too, how much money they give them, and what month they use them. And for some airlines, such as Delta, or British Air, the numbers are in the millions. 

Practicum is kind of kicking me in the face though. I am so exhausted by the time I get home, and I just want to sleep. But thats never really an option. But I am sincerely enjoying my time there, and I have learned so much about the company and about the industry. 

This up and coming week is going to be ridiculous. A student team from Union University in Tennessee arrived in Providence this afternoon and they are here to serve until next Saturday. They will be giving out gum at the bus stop, prayer walking, helping at the Rescue Mission, building relationships with students and residents of Providence, and helping us out with a Snow Cone event in the Xavier Courtyard this week. Its going to be a lot of fun. Two of the girls are staying at my apartment, the rest down around the Harborside area. Such cool cats. Im totally pumped about this week.

I will be working with them whenever I am not at my practicum location. I still need to work on some homework assignments and projects though, so hopefully tomorrow I can get all of that taken care of.

Its Janelle's birthday today (well.. Saturday). YAY. Happy birthday lover.

No comments: