Sunday, March 29, 2009

Go Pro (vidence)!



Man oh man. What an intense week.
The union team has come and gone, and I truly miss them and all that they have brought here. They had such a heart to serve and didnt complain about anything, even riding RIPTA. The top picture is an outreach we did on campus, passing out hot chocolate and little info cards. People could not understand why we were giving out free stuff. Its funny, oh New Englanders, you are so cynical. Surely there is a catch. And (according to one) The only catch is that you have to catch it. hah. They also did some things in Kennedy Plaza and the rescue mission. Now that they are gone, I kinda dont know what to do with myself. Going from a week of pure time usage to one where I can come home and like.. do whatever, its hard haha.
Friday we took a trip to Boston and saw some sights. In the evenning we went over to Tufts University and saw "Into the Woods," which is a twisted musical about fairy tales. One of our friends was playing in the orchestra for it, so that was great. We left at intermission because we were all too tired though. haha. I miss the Union Team and hope to stay in contact, what a great group of people.
Also, this week started my second practicum rotation at the TF Green Airport. I work in the information booth doing whatever needs to be done. Directions, hotel info, flight info, yeah anything. Its my favorite rotation so far and Im loving the general public interaction. I love to help people figure out where they need to go, and what there is to do in RI. Its great, and I would love to do something similar to that for a long long while.
I also woke up late one morning, missed the bus, and was freaking out. Thankfully my kind roommate drove me to the airport and helped me get there on time. I have to be at the airport at 7am, which means I have to catch the bus at 5:50am from my house. HAHA! So missing the bus was not ok. And dang, I cant let that happen again.

No comments: