Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cookie Exchange!


Last night was my first ever Cookie Exchange! A bunch of people from Grace Harbor went over to Norm and Cheryls fun little log cabin and we exchanged some cookies. Basically. you bring as many as you want, and then you line up everyone's cookies on a table, and everyone walks around taking one cookie at a time until they are all gone. You end up with a plate that looks like this:

Holy Moly! Its filled with Kim's german cookies, Rachels crazy chocolate chineese cookies, typical choco chip, ginger snaps, maple flavored, random other delightful stuff, etc etc. I dont even know what Im going to do with all this!!
  I brought peanut butter chocolate graham cracker balls. Its a recipe inspired by something I remembered from a while ago, and it was an epic battle for me to make. I actually ended up wasting about a bag of perfectly good semi sweet chocolate chips because I apparently didnt know how to correctly melt chocolate! The first few batches ended up as a crusty ball of poo looking thing. I was also strapped for time. Needless to say, I do not enjoy the concept of the double boiler. But I got about 15 good ones, so that was good enough. Haha.
    I think the Cookie Exchange is going to become a much loved tradition in our "family"!!!!

Whats your favorite Christmas cookie? And does anyone know the easiest way to melt chocolate?


(pictures from Rachel)

No comments: