Thursday, April 22, 2010

Russia Playlist

In my past, I have often had certain songs or playlists that if I were to listen to know, I would specifically think of that time in my life.

For example, Michelle Branch music reminds me of my whole middle school years. Norah Jones reminds me of my mom. Shaggy reminds me of 6th grade when we would all hang out at my house. Kt Tunstall and Gnarls Barkley remind me of the time after my parents got divorced and we moved in with my grandparents. Chromeo and JayZ remind me of freshmen year in college and hanging out with Alex.

I realized that I have a “Russia playlist.” These songs have been on replay since I’ve gotten here, kicking up their play count at least 40 times per song. I love them all for different reasons. Some just catch with me, or some I can relate to, or they challenge me, or encourage me to pursue God. They are great songs and I recommend you check them out.

• Phil Wickham: Divine Romance
• JJ Heller: Only Love Remains
• JJ Heller: My Saviour’s Love Endures
• Bon Iver: Skinny Love
• Fernando Ortega: I Need Thee Every Hour
• Junior Caldera: What You Get
• Passion Pit: Live to Tell the Tale
• Morandi: Colors
• David Crowder Band: Come Thou Fount




What songs are in your life’s playlists?

No comments: