Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Have a Confession

Last year I saved all the seeds from the apples that I ate. I thought I would be able to plant them and grow apple trees. Needless to say, my plan didnt exactly work out.

Then my friends moved into an apartment with a spacious backyard garden area. My green thumb was itching.

My friend Casey has become a gardening fool this year. Im pretty sure she accidently is growing 300 plants.

I've been following some local Rhode Island CSA's and other gardeners on twitter and google reader.

Those arent my connfessions, but this is: I am DYING to garden. Except I have NO CLUE how to garden. I just want to start off with a few plants. Tomatoes, cilantro, cucumbers, squash. What else can you grow? I have a glorious balcony that YEARNS for a little garden. Is it too late to start when I get back to Rhode Island at the end of May? Please tell me its not.
Where the heck do I start?! HELP!
Anyone else here garden? Know a thing or two? Please Share!

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

You could do some small container gardening. Late May is too late for starting from seeds but large seedlings would work. Does your balcony in RI get direct sunshine? If not, you're probably out of luck by the end of May. A "salsa" garden might work for you. Talk to Amy. She's the expert. :)