Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Love My Mumsy!


Today marks the day to celebrate mothers across the USA. Mothers are a strong bunch, if you ask me. They birth a child. They do whatever it takes to keep it alive for 20 years, and then they let it wild and free, hoping that those 20 years were effective in imparting wisdom, so that the kid won’t go out into the world and be a stupid fool.
Speaking of imparting wisdom, I want to talk about my mom. She is a glorious and amazing woman who did whatever it took to keep me and my sister alive and happy through all sorts of trials and tribulations. She was always there for us, she knew who our friends where, she took us on spur of the moment road trips and she was always the cool mom, not to mention the BEST chaperone. My mom always had something crafty for us to do, weather it was making peanut butter birdfeeders, or painting blocks of wood. She said yes when we wanted to go camping into our teens, and she lets us do Chinese fire drills with our friends. She taught me everything I know about whipping up a meal, and she always had good books lying around the house. My mom always has good advice and knows when to cut the crap. She always tells her coworkers about my sister and I, and our newest endeavors- and her motherly pride shines.

I think I’m like my mom a lot, and that makes me happy to say.  Love you Mom! I couldn’t imagine, wouldn’t WANT to imagine, going through life with anyone else but you!



Happy Mother’s Day! =)
What do you love about your mom?

1 comment:

Kailey said...

oooh yes! I agree with this post! Mom taught me how to take something plain and make it into something incredible! She taught me about crafting things, how to use hot glue guns, how to sew, paint, draw, and how to look beyond simplicity to see the potential for beauty :) I feel like that is how she lives her life: helping people find the beauty in everything