Sunday, May 16, 2010

I wish it were easier...

Dial-up internet is just a common place thing here. Except, dial-up internet is finicky and most websites just crap out after 20 minutes of trying to load. 


I wish it were easier to blog. 

When I get home from a really awesome day, sometimes I just want to share a really great picture that captures it all, but it wont upload.  


To be honest, every blog post Ive written in the past 3 months has been written and scheduled in 2-3 week blocks... whenever I have time to go to Mike's apartment and use his high speed, I go blog crazy, writing everything I can think of, and then scheduling the posts for weeks out. It makes my blog feel empty and useless, like I'm not really here. But I am, I promise. And I love you all for keeping up with me and commenting. 


I wish a lot of things about living in Russia were easier. The cost of a plane ticket. The distance to the USA. Finding peanut butter. Learning the language. Trying to be polite about eating dill fish soup.  Not knowing how people really think of you. Not having summer clothes when its 80 degrees out. Ministry.
 
But despite the hardships, my good God is sufficient. He has provided me with real lifelong friendships. He has provided me with food that sustains me. He has provided me with such special people that support me and pray for me. He has provided me with a cool breeze during the humid days. He has provided me with His word that brings new life and breath into my crusty old bones. He has provided me with a salvation that promises life and joy. He has provided me with a mouth to share, and He has provided me with love, so that I may love. 

Thank you for sticking with me. Soon I wont have to rely on the "schedule your blog" feature. 
God is good. 
-Alissa 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God gave you the incredible privilege of bringing His love to the people in Russia. He will most certainly give you what you need to complete the work He's given you to do. I'm praying that He will continue to encourage your heart and meet your needs (and that someone will donate some summer clothes to you) : )

Liss said...

Hey I have enjoyed checking your blog daily to see if you have posted! Yay you will be back soon!! Praying you have safe travels!! Cannot wait to hear about all about your time there!!

ALL 4 HIS GLORY,
Melissa

Keep running HARD after Him always!!

Becka said...

What a beautiful post! I too struggle with internet and have learned to things that help:
1. Write the post on your computer's word processing program. Save it, and when you have a spurt of good internet, just copy and paste.
I usually have good internet in the early morning, but I write my posts at night.

2. I have had to learn to be content with not posting pictures as often as I like. I have found that facebook is the fastest and easiest way to upload pictures to share, but it is definitely not foolproof. also, make sure to save your pictures to your computer as a smaller file. They will upload much faster to the blog that way.

I get you. It is frustrating. I spent all day yesterday saying, "I HATE my internet!". Your post reminded me to be grateful for what I do have.

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Thank you all for your uplifting Words!!!! I appreciate it greatly!

And Becka, those are great tips, why didnt I think of that earlier.. doh!!!!

:)

In Christ,
Alissa