Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rhodey Living: Gaspee Days


I'm always up for a good adventure. Couple that with a craft show and MAN ya got me. When I saw Gaspee Days listed in the RI area events calendar, I couldn't resist. Putting out a request to all my friends go go along with me, only one other person wanted to go! GASP! Some people are no fun. So Leeta and I got in the car and headed off to beautiful Pawtuxet Village.

Gaspee Days is a Memorial Day Weekend celebration of American Patriots who torched an enemy ship during the American Revolution. It includes a craft show, races, musical acts, war reenactments, and all sorts of cool stuff.

There werent any wares that especially caught my eye, other than some "too expensive for me" nautical delights, but it was tons of fun seeing all the crafting of the area and getting free samples of mapled walnuts and gourmet homemade dijon mustard. Not to mention splendid views of the bay,

and cute little entreprenuers who sell exceptional lemonade.
You can check out Gaspee Days at gaspee.com

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Thanks for reminding me about Gaspee Days. I've meant for us to go for years and always forget about it until it's too late.