Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CSI: Buffalo

Lord, you consoled Martha and Mary in their distress; draw near to those who mourn for my dad, and dry the tears of those who weep. You wept at the grave of Lazarus, your friend; comfort us in our sorrow. Comfort us in our sorrows at the death of our brother; let our faith be our consolation, and eternal life our hope.
Hear us, Lord.


Here I am. Still in Buffalo.
Yesterday I went for a visit with my sister and mom to my grandparents house, and that's when we got the horrible phone call from the police that they had found my dad. My family just shut down and panicked, all at the same time. These past two days have felt like a million years. I want to cry, I want to scream, I want to barf out all these crazy feelings. Today, I felt like I was living out an episode from CSI as we went through all of his things and tried to figure out what the heck to do, and it was like digging through a strangers junk, because I don't even know him. We made the arrangements for the funeral stuff (see my note on Facebook), and blah blah blah.
Gosh. I will spare you all the gory details. Im tired. And need to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another long day.

No comments: