Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Straight Up Info About My Trip to Russia


(hanging out with the underground youth at the church) 
Thanks to many supporters last year, I was able to go to Russia in February 2009 for 9 days. This year God has given me an even greater opportunity to serve Him. I will be going again with a team from my church/school, but instead of coming home with them after those 9 days, I will be staying in Russia for 3 months. This will take place February - May  2010. It is amazing to see God’s hand in this whole process, as my university has allowed me to use this three months off as a “co-operative learning experience,” in which I will document my experiences and a get full trimester’s worth of academic credit… for Missions!!!!!

I will be partnering with a church in Russia and working with them to further the gospel in the community through English Clubs, collegiate and children’s outreach, discipleship, small groups, hanging out with orphans, prayer walks, English tutoring, along with many other ministry possibilities. I simply hope that God is made strong through my weaknesses and I am able to share the redeeming power of the Gospel through relationships built there.

The past trimester continuing through until March, I am studying the Russian language. I have come such a distance already, but still minimally able to communicate. I can pretty much read anything and I know how to get across what Im trying to say. Lets just pray that I can get a better grip on it.

The cost of the trip is $2500 and includes airfare, living expenses, insurance, etc etc.

A member of my team from last years trip is also going back to Russia for an extended period of time. He will be living there from January-March and setting the groundwork for many of the things I will be involved in. He is more well versed in the Russian language and thinks about alot of practical things that I never would have thought of.  It is such a blessing to have him there.                          
                                                                (inside of Christ our Saviour Church in Zavolzhye)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

If you are interested in supporting me financially or through prayer, please email me at alissagraham116@gmail.com and I will be incredibly thankful!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure you've probably mentioned it somewhere, but where will you be staying in Russia?

Alissa:Adventurer said...

I will be in Zavolzhe, Russia, which is about an 8 hour drive or 5 hour train southeast of Moscow