Saturday, December 11, 2010

2am Chit Chat

My mom called at 2am tonight.

Most moms call at 2am if the house burns down, or if there is an emergency. But my mom just called to chat. She had just gotten some text messages that I had sent earlier in the night and wanted to say hi. I love that about my mom. I love that she doesn't get mad if I forget to call her back, or if she gets woken up by texts in the middle of the night, but she just takes advantage of the opportunity and talks to her daughter.

I love that she always has something encouraging to say to me, even when I have crazy things going on. I love that she remembers who my friends are, even when she has only met them once.

Gosh, I could go on. I love my mom, and I love our random 2am chit-chat.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hope I can be that kind of mom! The one who is encouragin, listens and remembers things, and takes the opportunities--even at inopportune times--to talk with my children! What a special relationship!

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Amy, I think you are that kind of mom! lol