Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mini Expeditions: Music

Lately Ive been mixing it up with some new music. My Pandora already ran out for this month (ugh only 40 hours!), so Ive had to really be creative in my music listening. Continuous play on iTunes can only go so far, especially sicne I havent mixed up my playlist since I was in Russia. There is some great stuff out there. So let me take you on a little musical expedition!


  • Todd Whatley and the Frontmen
    •  :Poor Boy" gets me every time! 
    • southern pub music!

  • The Civil Wars
    •  Joy Williams really goes big in her new duo with John Paul White. 
    • Oh gosh, "Barton Hollow"- repeat repeat repeat. 
    • literally americana folk music that sounds like its from a bygone era, with banjos!
    • when I listen to their music I feel like Im wandering in the woods, about to stumble upon the civil war.
    •  
  • The Temper Trap
    • obsessed with the song "Sweet Disposition"
    • weird alty-folk 80s'esque electronica with epic lyrics
    • check out their remix playlist, definitely worth a listen

  • Red Mountain Music
    • GLORIOUS hymns, thats really all I can say. GLORIOUS
    • I love "All Things New"

  • Jon Foreman
    • yes he is the lead singer from Switchfoot, but his solo music is so different (and better)
    • deep lyrically driven folk rock music 
    • My fave is "In Love"

Okey dokey. Thats all for now.

What music have you stumbled upon lately? Anything good?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best new band in 2010 - Mumford and Sons. Very different form the stuff I usually listen too but very awesome.

Alissa:Adventurer said...

OH!!!!! YES! What a great recommendation!