Monday, August 10, 2009

Guest Poem

A Cup of Tears

By Nathaniel DiLorenzo

A cup of Tears from you and me
A cup of tears is what I see
He holds them in his hands
Each drop a painful memory
A memory he understands
A single tear falls softly in
One of his own and clear of sin
I know I know He quietly speaks
It’s hard for one to live who seeks
Who seeks who seeks to live the truth
And fights and fights through all his youth
Just keep on pressing through
I’ve promised to help you
These tears will one day be forgotten
Poured upon the ground
And all that’s hard and all that’s rotten
Tossed away without a sound
I beg I beg just please stay true
Remember how much I love you



So this is a poem by my friend Nathan. He is a really awesome guy, originally from NY but living in Denver-ish CO area. I mentioned his brother in the last post, Isaiah.  They are probably two of the most godly guys I know, and I am encouraged by them often, even if we dont get to talk or see each other all that regularly. Nathan went to Japan on a missions trip this summer, and Isaiah went to Ethiopia with my best friend's brother. (sometimes they even use pirate words in regular conversation. Aye!) I relate to his poem 1. because I love poems with repetitive qualities, as that tends to be my style. It brings an urgency to the words.   2. Because its soo true and who cant relate? Sometimes we have all this angst or sadness or heartache, and maybe we forget that Jesus can relate, heck he can relate more than anyone ever. Imagine all the heartache or despair that he could have succombed to. Ahh, so great poem Nathan. Keep fighting the fight. Remember that we have someone who is always interceding for us. 

Dont ya just love the awkward color bead thing? I dont know why I used that. Oh well.

1 comment:

Saii said...

u have no idea how God used ur blog today ...
I had a very difficult situation today at work and reading that poem helped me a lot

:)