Monday, August 24, 2009

Experience New England: Whoa, what a rush






So this past weekend my friends visited me. I havent seen them since March, and its been a long time coming. I honestly cant believe they made it here, and I was so excited to see it happen. Bryan, Janelle, and Casey left New York around 10pm Wednesday night and arrived here in Providence about 5amish. We slept for a lonnngg time and got our day started around 3pm. haha. We went to Trader Joes, played with some puppies at the Rumford Animal Store, and did random running around. We made a huge dinner of broccoli lo mein and Beef on Weck and Matt, Jon, and Eileen were able to join us! Friday we headed up to Boston to do some exploring. We ended up walking alot of the Freedom trail and discovered the Boston Green Festival going on! It was a bunch of tents and displays all set up in Gov't Center. There were free samples of all sorts of tasty "green" foods, as well as live music, and nice people. Im pretty sure it was about 3000 degrees in Boston. Everyone was sweating and it was kinda nasty. But oh well. We walked over the the North End and ate some delights at Mike's Pastrys, went to the Old North Church, and Found an awesome farmers market and water fountain to play in!

Saturday we went to the Beach somewhere in Middletown RI. I think it might have been an illegal beach, as we got a parking ticket, and no one else was really at that area. But.. oh well. It was fun and being in the water was absolutely awesome. Afterwards we drove down Ocean Drive through Newport and saw all the swanky houses. We came back, and I had to go to freaking work at the crabshack, and waterfire was that night, so I went to work and met up with my friends later after I closed. Then we walked to Waterfire and met up with a buttload of other people.

Sunday we woke up, went to church, came home, ate glorious delights of eggplant, mushrooms, feta, onions, bacon, and peppers on a sandwhich. Oh my Lord. Good job Casey. Then we rested, made some guacamole to bring to Bible Study and headed over there. After that we drove around Providence, went to a little indian store, and ended up at India Point Park (where else would I end up?). And that was fun. Until we heard gunshots and we headed back.

They left this morning and I'm sad. It was good to see them though, and combine Providence with Lockporty times. I loved that we've kept in touch so well that it wasnt necessary to have huge ridiculous intense times, but it was just like hanging out back home in Bryan's basement.

We actually set up a lair in my living room, pulled in the extra matress, unfolded the futon, and we basically camped in there the whole time. It was soo blazing hot.

Ahh. So fun times. =) I love my friends.

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

That sounds like an absolute blast. I love New England! :-)