Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ahh Mulling Spices & Pumpkin Bread

Oh man everyone. If I could somehow capture a scent and share it with you, I totally would right now. Imagine a crisp fall day with a fresh tingle in the air, the evening upon you, pumpkin bread in the oven, mulling spices over the flame, hot tea in your cup, and you have my night. This has been one of the most amazing days ever.

I had nothing official planned, and having a Saturday off for me is always a treat. I accomplished my goal of sleeping until my body woke me up, not an alarm or a phone call. (Lets just say that time was after 12 and before 2opm). I took my time waking up, made a delicious breakfast omlette of eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil leaves, feta cheese, and a little shake of salt and pepper. 

A little while later, my roommate and I took a delightful walk. We stopped by my friend's apartment down the street and enjoyed his garden for a minute, also enjoyed some of the tart concord grapes growing in his backyard. 

We ended up at the mall and walked pretty much the whole thing. That was the first time Ive been in the mall since working there. And needless to say, when working there you dont make the effort to go hang out and shop there. You just want to be and out, putting in your hours and taking off at the end of the day. So it was quite relaxing to just puruse around different stores. I bought much needed shoes and a cute sweater for this fall weather, as Old Navy had such a good discount today!

Then we walked back home and made grilled tuna/cheese/tomato sandwhiches and had tomato soup, popping in a John Wayne movie, while baking some Pumpkin Bread.

Needless to say, these kinds of days are my favorite.

Time to go take the bread out the oven!

What about you? Enjoying the fall weather?

No comments: