Friday, October 2, 2009

Hey Ya'll.. Big changes around the corner

So. Whatsup? Man, its been another busy week around here. I just cant keep everything straight! Whoa! So Im not going to lie, its been pretty rough in general this week. So many things that were getting me down, stress because of projects assigned last minute, no sleep, and some attitudes I had towards certain people or events that were terrible.

Ugh.
BUTTTTT->  I have deicded something. As of right now. Seeing as I have felt like crap lately, I am going to do something about it. Aka: Make some life changes. Ive already implemented some of these into place, but officially they will all be implemented starting today.

  • Read my bible at work instead of surf the web
  • Always be in the process of reading one nonfiction book. (currently working on: "On being a Missionary" by Thomas Hale)
  • Get CSF leadership book chapters read before Thursday. ("Knowing God" by J.I. Packer)

  • Get atleast 7-9 hours of sleep per night. (This is going to be tricky. Anything that doesnt get done that night CAN wait until the next day. Life goes on)

  • Cut down on carbs. including breads, pastas, wraps, crackers. (this might not be too tough, but since Ive been a convenience eater lately, crackers and sandwhiches have been around alot. NOT ANY MORE.)
  • Increase veggie consumption. Pause, can I just say that if there is an opposite to scurvy, then I have it. I have eaten sooo many clementines and carrots lately its ridiculous. So in saying this, I just want to figure out how to get more veggies into my diet.
  • Drink 8 cups of water everyday. No soda. No juice. Yes to Coffee/tea. (since I left my favorite water bottle in DC I have epically failed at this recently. Ugh. I will start back up. No joke.)


  • Exercise 3-4 times a week. (I dont know if that sounds measely, but if you have school, work and clubs from am - pm then you can imagine my plunder when trying to find time.) I will be participating in the Cool Runnings Couch-to-5K Running Plan. It is a 9 week plan to end up running three miles at a time. I like it because it is 3 times a week, and works your way up. So its not like ok this week walk one mile, next week run 5 miles. Lets see how it goes. haha.


AND that is my story for today. Feel free to keep me accountable. Ahh. Off to work work work. Later.

No comments: