Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New York New York

Well HOWDY!

New York City was such a delightful time and I enjoyed every second that I got to spend with Kailey! We did some random things, but we accomplished our life goal of seeing Balto face to face. We just sat in awe for minutes, remembering his true heroism and how we always wanted to be sick kids in Nome so that Balto could bring us medicine.

We also bartered in China town, wandered through Korea town, went to a coooooool Art Shop called Lees Art Shop, Times Square of course, and hung out around the NYSUM building in Queens. Hooray.

In China town Kailey and I saw a bag that we both really liked, in diffeent colors of course. So we searched and searched, most were charging $35 for it. I think its still expensive, so I told this chinese lady
Me "I saw it over there for $25!" 
Her: "Ya because its cheap crap"
Me: "But I like cheap crap!"
Her: "Ok, $30, just for you."
Me: "Nope, $25."
Her: (in the most dramatic possible way) "Oh My Goddddd!"

And I walked away. hahaha.

On my trip back, I took a bus from NYC to Boston, arriving in Boston around 2am. My goal was to hang out in the train station until my train came that morning for Providence. WELLLLLLL. Let me tell you. I got there and the train station was closed. This was in the Copley/Back Bay area of Boston, and there was NOTHING openned at all. No Starbucks, no 7/11, no little shops, no 24 hour mall. GRR. So I hung out in a park with some hobos. All night. I saw one of the urinated behind a brick wall. That was a delight. There was also a hobo fight. And then a mobile food pantry came by for a quick second and gave them soup or something. I think thats what they were fighting about. Dear Lord. I feel bad for hobos but it makes me wonder even more how they aren't inspired to do something with their lives. I mean its freezing at night sleeping on the ground, its dirty, there is no where to shower, no legit food, nothing to drink, other hobos want to fight you. How can someone be satisfied with that? I dont get it. I just know that I will never be a hobo. I couldnt handle it for those 4.5 hours. Intense.

So I made it home.
Good times for all=)

2 comments:

Kailey said...

yesss! good times good times!!

Alissa:Adventurer said...

25 dollars.
OHMYGOD!

haha