Sunday, January 24, 2010

Banana Pineapple Muffins


Yumo! Let me just say, these are delightful, and y'all should get on the ball to make them. So last night we had a smoothie night at our place and made probably 34234 different kids of smoothies. Well, we ended up with loads of extra fruit of all sorts, mainly pineapple and banana. I said to myself, Dang girl, what can you make that would be a crowd pleaser and pretty easy as well? So I googled banana pineapple and came up with this glorious recipe from Tammy's Recipes. I modified it a little bit to go from the original loaf idea into muffins. (And by modified, I mean asked my baking/pastry major roommates 26 questions about bread vs muffin, cut the time down half and hour, and plopped the batter in muffin tins.)

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups mashed bananas (I used 6 bananas)
1 cup crushed pineapple (include the juice)

1. In lage mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine everything else. Bananas and pineapple last. Mix it up good, but not too much there buddy.
3. Then mix the wet and dry ingredients until everything is wet.
4. Pour into greased muffin tins.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-23 minutes or until done.

Makes approximately 45 muffins.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Yummers!

They sound delish!

Cxx