Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Break in WNY: highlights

(hope this post works for everyone's browsers! sorry that its so picture rich!) 
Ahhh, its been a week since Ive been home, and my what a glorious vacation took place. I was able to go back to Western New York during Christmas break and visit everyone! My mom and grandparents drove all the way to Providence one day, stayed over night, and we drove back the next morning! What troopers.

Then I spent my time during break staying up until 4 am with my sister watching movies,


hanging out with friends,

seeing long lost family members from both sides of the family,






going to the Carpo Phorus/Elmwood Drive/Reign of Kindo concert at Mohawk Place (the lads of CP even dedicated a song to me!!!),

visiting my old church and going to my pastors for New Years Eve,


being crafty- Kailey and I made two pretty cool wreaths for our grandparents for christmas. We also attempted to make felt naptkin rings that are shaped like flowers, but it was pretty hard, so we kind of gave up, until next year.







enjoying local cuisines- actually every restaurant I went to when I was home was practically a first time experience! Sean Patricks (yum- giant blooming onion and shrimp bisque), Molinaro's on Sheridan (tasty pizza and wings), Spot Coffee on Chippewa (delightful chai tea), Shirt Factory Cafe (can I hear a panini Amen!?).

and wandering through Niagara Falls, Medina, Buffalo, and Lockport.


So, as you can see, it was a really enjoyable break. Sure there were times when things were all a bit inconvenient (you know- Janelle's car being totalled, and that day we drove about 200 miles because everyone we know lives in 3 separate counties) But dear goodness, I love my home and everyone there.
Until we meet again =)

No comments: