Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trust. Rescue. Abba.


I wrote this poem tonight because I'm struggling with trusting in God as my father. 

When my heart struggles to trust, I must ask God to help me and rescue me from myself.

Abba, Please
by Alissa Graham

Grant me help to be your daughter
though I struggle with the concept of father.
You are loving, kind, and good
and in you, evil, my heart withstood.

Grant me divine eyes to see
that you haven't really given me
a rock though I asked for bread,
or a snake rather than a fish, though I pled.

Grant me grace to trust in You
when I cant fully understand the truth.
When I misread the rose for the thorn,
the gospel is what I must adorn.

Grant me peace among this rocky sea
that this peace shall quell the unease.
When I lack and have nothing that will tide
help me look to you to provide.

Grant me forgiveness, as you know I will fail;
Your loving sacrifice was the perfect bale.
When I waver from the foundation-
Abba, please, persevere me for the duration.

No comments: