Thursday, May 21, 2009

Granted



How often we take for granted the essentials of life. Some things that I took for granted last night:
  • you cant go to the bathroom if you dont have toilet paper (unless you are Russian but thats another story.) 
  • You cant microwave hot water because your hot water isnt working when you dont have electricity.
  • You cant plug in your phone charger when you dont have electricity. 
  • You cant sleep in a bed when you dont have a bed.
  • you cant check the bus times when you cant go on the internet because you dont have wifi.


My apartment is bare right now. National Grid kind of messed me over.  So I dont have any modern conveniences until next week. Thats ok though. Its purely amazing and beautiful and I look forward to every second I spend there. Last night Eileen brought some stuff over and Nathan came over and we sat on the balcony and he played guitar and it was like one of those perfect summer days that you never want to end. Oh man. I woke up at 7am today and I was up and ready to go and pumped.
I can see the difference in my outlook already. I am not bogged down by crappy attitudes and the constant feeling of just wanting to hide away. I am free and happy and so thankful for what I have now.
Hey real quick: One of my pictures got featured on the Greater City Providence blog. Check it out here.
Its the picture that I took of Kennedy Plaza, black and white, the statue. So yeah. cool beans.

Happy belated Birthday Casey.
Everyone should come visit me.
-Alissa-

No comments: