Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jon and Kate + 8

I was reading some articles on CNN.com about the whole Jon and Kate drama and it makes me super sad. I know they are tv people and who knows what life is really like blah blah, but its sooooo depressing and I dont like to think about it. They have 8 kids.. is it 8? or 10 whatever. They cant just fall apart. No. unacceptable. Its kinda intense the public outcry for this family as well. Everyone is acknowledging that the best kind of family is one that is intact. Obviously thats the truth but I wasnt sure society embodied that opinion any longer, but they do. Tell you that media and crap likes to pretend to be the public opinion but it really isnt. People still have values.
It makes me sick that TLC is capitalizing on their marital drama. Obviously there is an issue, and TLC should put the show to the end. Someone said it well when they said the kids are literal Truman Shows. 24/7 being watched by the public. So creepy.
I wish I knew this family but for now, the best thing I can do is pray for their wisdom and for some godly and caring people to speak into their lives (or punch Kate in the face and tell Jon to man up.)

ugh.

1 comment:

GazingattheMoon said...

I was super depressed, too. Stupid media, man they jeopardize people lives for a story or two. punch everyone in the face. then they will do a story about me and leave those people to themselves