Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dry Skin, Dry Life

I love the winter! I love snow and icicles and the pretty bare trees. The only thing I hate is that in the winter I get really dry skin. I mean REALLY dry skin! I have tried lotions and moisturizers and all sorts of different concoctions that claim they work but leave my hands cracked and dry by the end of the day. I thought I would just have to live with my hurting hands until I finally found something that worked! It is unusual, I must admit, and a little out of the ordinary. It is this special balm that is used on dairy cows during harsh winters! I use it daily, and it leaves my hands feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.

There is also a special treatment for our spiritual life to keep it from becoming cracked and dry. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 gives us the recipe: “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” These are instructions for a healthy Christian life that is ready to grab life by the horns! It is a little unusual (always being joyful?!) and a little out of the ordinary (praying nonstop!?) but it comes recommended with guaranteed results! Apply once in the morning, repeat as needed, and best of all it works all year round!

-Kailey (Alissa's sister!)
Cross Posted at StandYM Blog, check it out here 

No comments: