Saturday, February 6, 2010

Heart Cookies and Other Random Stuff

Earlier this week my roommate Alon had this deep urge to make heart shaped cookies. So we went to Target and got some heart shaped cookie cutters! We came home, she baked them, then we went hardcore on decorating them!

Fun times for all!

I didnt end up doing too many exciting things this week because Ive just been so tired lately, as well as trying really hard to not spend ANY money other than what I need for Russia. When we went to Target I must admit, I got super excited in the mini-travel sized section of the store and bought hand sanitizer, shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, power bars, and ziplock bags! Im still in the market for European power adapters though. Im pretty sure I can find some cheap ones somewhere, but havent been lucky yet. I did finally buy my volunteer travel insurance- covering everything from evacuation costs, accidental death and dismemberment, repatriation of mortal remains, and some personal property losses. Because I am going through the IMB I get a deal- only $2 per day! Whoopee.

Hmm. If you could please pray that I can get my budget in order for Russia and the next few months, that would be great. I am terrible with numbers, I kind of have no clue how a few things are going to work themselves out, and thinking about it really stresses me out. A lot.

Thank you to everyone out there who has supported me financially and/or in prayer. I am so thankful and you have no idea how deeply it is felt.

Thats all for now.
-Alissa

Oh, and I have ridiculous hives all over my body as of yesterday afternoon. No clue why. Cant stop itching and I look like a freak!

No comments: