Friday, February 19, 2010

"What's all this junk mail?"

So after a short term couch surfing session last night with my friend Jake's sister and her friend, I wanted to wake up really early and bid them farewell. But when I woke up at 6am, they had already left! Whoa. After realizing I had woken up and was full of energy, I decided to check my email. At first I just scanned the inbox for important/business/ personal emails from people I know. But as I was filtering through the spam, I wondered out loud "What's all this random garbage junk mail in russian?" I wondered to myself where I had signed up for russian junk mail, or if some how spammers in Russia had gotten ahold of my account name. It almost got deleted. But then, because of the grace of God, I decided to check into it further, and guess what....

IT WAS MY LETTER OF INVITATION from the Russian Government!
PRAISE GOD!

You should see the expression plastered on my face when I realized that a bajillion of prayers were answered and now there is still a chance to go to Russia with the rest of my team from Johnson and Wales. I had come to terms with not getting to travel with them, but going a week later. (that would have been sad). You know, it still might happen like that, but I know that God is good and His plans are above mine.

So thank you for praying everyone. In the next hour I will be overnighting all my paper work to Houston Texas where it will get processed and ideally shipped back to me with a Visa attached to it by February 26th! Continue to pray that it wont get delayed in the mail, but will arrive right on time=)

Thanks again!
picture from last years trip of the kids doing a fun lesson in church

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Yeah!!!!!! How funny you almost deleted it! It's such an easy thing to do given all the junk email out there!

Alissa:Adventurer said...

I know! so true. ahhh junk mailllll