Wednesday, June 17, 2009

5 Simple Phone Courtesies

1. When you call someone, know why you are calling.
ex: "Hello how can I direct your call?"
" Oh, hello.. um wait Im not sure, one second.... MOOOOOOM, why am I calling again??.."

2. Dont have extra loud gangster music playing in the background and then scream into the phone that you cant hear the other person.

3. When you start talking on the phone, dont switch to speaker phone and then start texting. Not cool.

4. Wait for the other person to finish what they are saying before you butt in.
ex: "Good afternoon Johnson and ..
"IS this JOHNSON and WALES University?"
(if you would have listened I would have continued to say Johnson and Wales University how can I direct your call."

5. If you are calling a university (or business, agency, bank, etc etc) to ask about admissions status (or if you were hired, if your loan went through, etc etc) Probably should talk using decent english.
Example: "Yo! Whatsup. So I was like umm wondering like I dont know if my app got looked at for like college."


Just saying.

2 comments:

HiQKid (Alex) said...

lol
Your writing amuses me.

Keep up the good work!

Kimolisa said...

Ha Ha!! I feel your pain.