Saturday, June 27, 2009

today literally walked up out of nowhwere and gave me a big delightful hug.

What a great day! I am just overall happy and satisfied and content. How blessed I am. I didnt even have any sort of high hopes for this day at all, just planning to hang out, maybe nap, which would have been great too, but things turn an exciting turn for the amazing.

Chimene came down from B-t MA and I grabbed breakfast with her and Vivien and some other friends. Practicum reunion. Was great to see them again. Then I went over to the McKays house and was going to help them puppysit a 9 month old beagle named Gunther. But Melissa, our friend Rachel, and I ended up taking Silas, the cutest kid in the world, along with the dog, over to Lincoln Woods. Its a beautiful naturey park with a huge lake, hiking trails, walking paths, beaches, docks, rocks, awesomeness, and its located only minutes away from Providence. Why have I not known about this place before? Darn it. Im in love with it though. So we played in the sand on the beach a bit and then took a walk to the other side of the lake. Gunther kept eating goose poop, it was funny. 

We stopped at 7/11 after and got slurpees or whatever they are called. It was 80 degrees out today. Much needed. Then I just hung out with Melissa and Silas for a bit, working on children's church stuff for tomorrow morning (and watching thomas the tank engine movies!!). Kevin, Vega, and Isaac joined us for a delicious dinner of pizza (yum hawaiian pizza)! Then I watched an Elmo movie with Silas and Gunther, which was all about how to jump, and how to raise your hand in class. It was amazing. 

Now Im just hanging out. I dug up enough quarters to do laundry. Which is exciting. 

So maybe this day doesnt sound like a delight to you. But it surely was to me. Being in the out doors, playing with a cute kid and puppy, having some great woman friends, eating some great pizza, serving the local church body, dang.. cant beat it. Nope. not at all.

                                                                                                                Silas and Gunther

1 comment:

GazingattheMoon said...

When you texted me about Silas I thought you mean Lianda's kid, but nope

confusion over