Monday, June 15, 2009

Sundays always put things back in focus.

Sundays always put things back in focus. During the week I am guilty of loosing track of time, and I usually dont see everyone from the congregation on a regular basis. But on Sundays especially I am always humbled and encouraged by my local church body. Week after week, I see how close knit and loving we are towards each other. Not perfect, and not without some knicks and bruises, but thats ok, as the Gospel is preached and we look past our own imperfections towards the wonderful cross and how amazing it is that God loves us.

I see Christ's love in the church when Cheryl brings food to the McKays, when the kids learn about new attributes of God and seem to understand it during childrens church, when someone new comes and everyone flocks around trying to learn about them as much as possible, when people with terrible voices belt out the deep choruses with a passion for their Redeemer not caring what others think. I see Christ's love in the church when we pray for each other's ministries as a body, when Kevin and Isaac walk me home at night so I am safe, when we look into the community and see how we can help, when we show up for church early just to hang out and see how others are doing, and when Tiffany gave me side tables and ice cube trays because she knew I was looking for more furniture and had extra. 

I see the body of Christ as such a beautiful entity. Nurturing, growing, loving. We are a bunch of broken and messed up people who almost have nothing in common. People from California, New York, Kansas, Idaho. Students, unemployed, mechanics, doctors, stay at home moms, retirees. Ages ranging from 2 to 75.  Rich, poor, fatherless, adopted, Asian, Indian, Latino, European. Yet we come together in rejoicing for what our God has done, and we look out for each other, pointing each other towards truth.

What a blessing. I am blessed.

Not just Sunday's, but everyday. 

Question: Where do you see Christ's love in your local church?

No comments: