Monday, June 22, 2009

Suggested Reading: Shopping for Time


So I am currently reading:
Shopping for Time: How to do It All and NOT Be Overwhelmed
By Carolyn Mahaney, Micole whitacre, Kistin Chesemore, Janelle Bradshaw

Its a great little book that offers ridiculously amazing insights on literally, how to do it all and not be overwhelmed. Alot of women today feel overwhelmed, miserable, exhausted. I can atest. During the school year I have a full course load, 30 hours of work a week, multiple student leadership roles, not to mention church events and fellowship. Oh wait, I forgot to mention the hours I spend taking the bus to and fro, as well as the hours that I just want to spend numbing my brain by reading magazines or blogs or checking my facebook and twitter. I am the first to say that I probably do not manage my time to the best extent. The first verse that this book challenges us with is:
Ephesians 5:15-16
"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best
use of the time, because the days are evil."

"We are not to trudge blindly or routinely through ours days. We shouldnt just let life happen and try to deal with the results. We should not allow one day to simply flow into the next, being concerned only with the present moment. No, we must look around. We must develop keen eyes. We must examine our lives. We must evaluate our present manner of living and consider how to prepare for the future. We must walk circumspectly through each and every day."


Well said. This book is a great resource for any woman with alot on her plate. The chapters cover rising early, sitting still, planning, evaluating relationships carefully, and being productive in daily life.
I recommend it.

2 comments:

GazingattheMoon said...

Do you own it?

Alissa:Adventurer said...

No, but I could.
Or.. I could get one for you if ya want?