Friday, June 19, 2009

What do you want to be when you grow up?

There are some things that I have always wanted to do with my life. Some are newly formed ideas, others are ideas obtained in childhood that have stayed with me.

1. Travel. Obviously. hi. Global Tourism major here...

2. Be a Private Investigator. We all know I hold this talent. And I really really think I could succeed at it.
3. Real Estate Agent. I am obsessed with looking up houses online, and I love to go through different houses/apartments. I think its the most fascinating thing in the world. I love to see the possibilities that a new abode could hold for someone, and getting people excited about it.

4. Professional Explorer. Can they pay me to sail around the world exploring new places? I would totally be all over that.

5. Missionary/ ESL Teacher. No joke. I really love people who speak other languages, and not that I think that English is the best language or something, but its definitely something that can bond two people together. Most people know atleast a few words, and its exciting to see how you can connect with someone with such a limited scope of words. I also think it is a good way to reach people for the gospel.

6. High School History Teacher / College Geography Professor. I dont know which one. I really want to teach. And I like the idea of having an impact on young minds. If I were to teach highschool, I would want to teach in an international school.

7. Professional Crossing Guard. No joke.

8. Admissions Representative for a University. I think it would be super fun to travel around and go to different schools and talk to them about colleges and give them free pens and info and such.

Of course, while these are great options, Im not boxed in and if I felt God was leading me to do anything else, I would gladly follow. At the moment these are just some possibilites.


Is there a way to combine all of these into one career?

When you were a kid what was one job that you really wanted to do? When I was a kid I seriously wanted to be a crossing guard. I still kind of do. I dont know why.


Recommended Reading:
Just Do Something By Kevin DeYoung
A Liberating Approach to Findings Gods Will

5 comments:

GazingattheMoon said...

Right now I want to be a school bus driver

Alissa:Adventurer said...

who listens to country music.

GazingattheMoon said...

ugh

SavvyD said...

I love your take on career day, being that I'm looking for my second career now!! 3rd???

Alissa:Adventurer said...

savvy- just be a writer. haha. you could totaly do a column for a national paper.. just change some names, make up an alias and you are good!