Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dear God this is hard.

Holy moly. Recently, I have decided that Ive become a tad bit into facebook and twitter. Now, I like to think that I use both resources responsibly, and not over the top, but its been out of control. Especially at work when there is literally NOTHING else to do except go online and waste time between calls. I can definitley use my time better for goodness sake. So, starting last night, I decided to give up both Facebook and Twitter for a week.

Can I just say that it is hard? Blah. Really hard. Ive been so accumstomed to sharing with the world what Im feeling, what Im up to, interesting tidbits that I find, as well as seeing what everyone else is up to. Its like I crave for the world to know what Im doing like Im someone super special or something. What a crapload. And if I really cared about knowing about certain people, why I should just call them or see how they are doing straight up.

Im definitely trying to use this time to finish some of the books Ive been working on, actually have a quiet time in the morning, as well as productively using my internet time to answer emails, work on contacting my international buddies through JWUs program, and thinking about who I really want to know whats going on with me, and dedicating my time to getting closer to those people.

Ive also decided to be more craftier. Today, I drew a pretty picture using only office supplies.

Paper Clips, Received Stamp, and a cup. Imagine that.

Im laying off the blog for this week, just to focus on other things. So, yep.



So this is one of the books Im reading.. I recommend for you all to check it out. It is what the title says it is. All about when we make people big in our minds and make God small. A big bad thing to do. It's by Ed Welch, great author. Hits me hard.





Hmm. So, I hope I dont go crazy. This is intense and extreme.. but sometimes its necessary. MMk peace out. Call me if you need me <3

2 comments:

kafrickenboom said...

Oh! I didn't realize that the pic you sent was so delicately handcrafted. I thought you drew it which would be cool, this is really nifty!

Courtney said...

Aw what a pretty picture. It's always a good creative challenge to give yourself limits or certain requirements when making something!