Monday, July 20, 2009

Tasty Morsels of Delight


Ok. So. Remember Alissa talking about Restaurant Weeks in Providence? Well, boy have I had the experience with it. This weekend I was able to partake in two, yes TWO 2 2 2 2 different restaurant week specials. And boy were they delish. 

First lets start off with the most amazing time at the Melting Pot. It all started when my friend Desiree and I were in the dining hall at school and the food was terrible. There was literally nothing we could eat. So we decided randomly spur of the moment kind of thing to hit up the Melting Pot. What a great treat. I recommend it while you can still get the discount Restaurant Week price. Otherwise you will blow your brains out with cash.



There were many options to choose from, and all of them sounded good. Three courses for the dinner. Here is what we choose. Course 1: Appetizer: Cheddar Cheese Fondue
Aged, medium-sharp Cheddar and Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses, lager beer, garlic and seasonings. Tell me how great that sounds! It was amazing. They brought out the fondue, swirled it around and melted it up. It came with breads, veggies, and fruits to dip in. YUM!

Course 2: Dinner: An EntrĂ©e of Teriyaki Sirloin, Shrimp, Chicken Breast, Gorgonzola & 
Spinach Raviolis, Assorted Vegetables & Dipping Sauces & Bourguignonne Cooking Style. Dear Lord. Oh man. So good. The dipping sauces were also in a way that you could make your own stuffed mushrooms, and breaded chicken, and sesame seed shrimp. So good.

Course 3: Dessert: The Original. This original recipe features our signature milk chocolate 
with a swirl of crunchy peanut butter.  Yeah think exactly what you want right now. It came with a delightful platter of fruits and cakes and treats to dip galore!

Let me tell you. YES. So good. So filling. 

I will blog about the other amazing place tomorrow. I am exhausted right now. But I recommend this place. Do it!





No comments: