Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cancel that idea..

So.. (there are a lot of things going on.) I'm cancelling my great idea of a facebook/twitter fast. Its not plausible at the moment. I am proud of myself for cutting back dramatically, and spending my time more wisely the past few days. But at this current moment I have some people that I need to communicate with through these venues, and other specific things that need to be taken care of that cant really be done any other way.. hmm. These few days have been good though and probably will become a more regular occurrence. 

In other news, its pouring rain right now. The heat/humidity has been really getting to me lately. Today I am staying home from work because of how sick I feel due to the heat. I literally just want to keel over and throw up nine times.. isn't that pleasant? I need to move to Alaska or Russia or something. 

Some of my photos are featured on  the GreaterCity:Providence blog. Click Right Here to check them out!

Matt has officially moved into the apartment down the street. Eileen is moving there gradually. I'm happy.. ridiculously happy.. and excited about this upcoming year. Six months ago when things were so difficult for me, I never would have imagined living in such a supportive and close community with so many friends so close to me (literally and figuratively). I am thankful to God everyday for the people He has put in my life. I never could have imagined being so happy and content with my living situation. God is soo good and faithful. 

Ive been contacting missions organizations such as ELIChina and Teach Overseas about some possible opportunities to go abroad for a bit.  There are so many options and I could see myself doing so many things. Honestly, I would just love to find myself a man partner in crime and we can just go frolic about the world being missionaries somewhere.. and then maybe come back to the states and dig our roots down deep in one place. Who even knows. I am open to ANYTHING.  Like I said, God is faithful and good. Right now I'm trying to make James 4 the cry of my heart: 

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

Awesome Random Updates: 

Elisha Landrigan is going over to Korea to teach some English.

Nathan Dilorenzo and team just got back from an amazing missions trip to Japan.


FREE STUFF!

Granola bars and Emergen-C!

all from finding great deals on these sites:

http://www.fantabulouslyfrugal.com/

http://www.thefrugalgirls.com/


Ok I don't want to go overboard. That's all for now. Have a great day. I'm going to sleep under the AC unit so I don't throw up. Blaahh.

No comments: