Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I have a hard time in the A.M.

Im laying here in my bed. And Im purely exhausted. My eyes are drooping, my body cant even control itself hardly. Ive been awake since 7am, and Ive worked 9+ hours today as well as having class. I need to be sleeping. I long to be sleeping. I seriously wish I could be sleeping right now. But Ive tried. A little while ago I tried to lay here and just fall into a peaceful deep comforting sleep, but I cant. My mind hates sleep. My mind is too excited for sleep. My mind is focused and exhilarated and emphatic about whats to come.

What is to come anyways? I dont exactly know, and for me to say that I know would be foolish, for whatever God brings my way is what will happen, Lord willing, and whatever happens He guides and directs. Thats the exciting thing. People think that being a Christian is just a list of what you can do and what you cant do. But I BEG to differ. Its all about freedom, adventure, excitement, liberty. Living fully and joyfully because I am excited and thankful.

This past year or so I have been seriously considering alot of options. Some of them include teaching ESL, other options combine that with international missions, and as I work my way through a degree in Global Tourism Management, I know that I dont want to work for expedia.com or behind a desk at an airport. I long to be in the trenches, getting to know people, learning new languages and cultures, even if that entails staying in Providence Rhode Island for the rest of my life teaching refugees how to speak English and general life skills.. or maybe it entails moving to Korea, China, South Africa, or Russia and immersing myself in their culture, teaching them english, and bringing the love of Christ to the lost.

I dont quite know yet. But thats why I am excited. God has blessed me with so many options, and I know that whatever I choose He will bless. As I seek wisdom and guidance, I know that God is speaking to me clearly. He has an exciting plan for my life, and for that, I am forever enthralled in Him.

So for now, I try to calm my mind down and take things step by step, thinking about how my choices now will affect whatever is to come. I need to trust in Him, that I will be able to be patient for His timing, not my own, and hoarding wisdom like the poor hoard SPAM. I also seek to look side to side, seeing who is keeping pace, running nearby, heading the same direction, so that we may encourage one another.

I encourage you to think about your life. Get excited about your life. Know that God truly does have an exciting plan for you and He wants you to see the awesome adventure laid out before you.

Sleep, it needs to come. Forcing the issue never works for me, but maybe I should try at this point. Its hard though, for someone with such wanderlust/ADD/insomnia. Blah. good night.
(this is a cool website: www.thetask.org i cant stop looking at it.)

No comments: