Friday, February 20, 2009

Being Drawn Into a Never Ending Cicle

I am being highly tempted to buy my own site, as in alissagraham.com kind of thing. Josh and Taylor are encouraging me. Haha. I cant get enough. I guess it would be around.. like.. $10 a year or something? And it would host my blog, pictures, info, bio, travel stuff, cool applications, etc etc. I don't really know. Im sick of having 244 different blogs and sites to get into. It would be nice to compile everything.

So.. this year has been amazing. I have learned so much, first, from working in the Resource Room, Ive been openned up to some new and amazing techie designy stuff. I love it. Twitter? Never would have heard about it if I did not hang out in here so much. And then all those dinners with Alon and Kim showcasing their culinary/baking skills, and openning my tastebuds to food I never dreamed I could make. Before this year, Eggplant parmesan was just somthing that I craved, but now I know how to make it from scratch, and its EASY!

Thats the cool thing about Johnson & Wales, meeting all these new and cool people with different majors, and everyone is generally really passionate about their major, and into all this cutting edge stuff, so you learn ALOT from everyone. I think thats why I switched majors to Travel/tourism, and did not stay in Business, just from the excitement and passion of people who were in that major (besides the fact that thats the major I wanted anyways, but somehow got signed up for Marketing?).

They say that the learning you do in college is not really in the classroom, but what you do outside of the classroom, and I agree.

No comments: