Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Red Doors and 911

  

Im alive and thriving for the record. No more disease of the soul/body. In case someone wondered. 

Today was a good day. Besides the fact that I missed two more classes because of my insomnia/issues, it was a good day. (I think I've missed more Botany classes than I have attended. Thank you Prof K for your love) I handed in my apps for working in CBSCI next year, hopefully a student assistant position, not just work study. I also got to the bank, as well as enjoying the glory of Tim Hortons. 

Tuesday Night Truth had an Open Mic Night that was pretty awesome. 

---WHOA HOLD UP---

I just called 911. Because.. I was listening to some Blackout on Youtube, when I heard these wretching noises, thinking..hmm maybe it was part of the vid, but alas, I took off the headphone and looked out my window. What did I spy, ever so nye? A creeper throwing themselves on the ground, sticking their finger down their throat and trying to vomit up as much as possible, while telling something (the vomit) to "GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT." There was a weird blonde wig involved, an unmarked white car, and a suspicious black male. The creeper doing the wretching was white, but undistinguishable as a male or female, due to the conflicts in the hair/walk. So its creepy, and there are weird bags out on the ground. And then the wretcher was trying to light.. (the vomit? the wig?) on fire. Which was unsucessful. So I called the cops. This is mad creepy stuff yo. The cops.. haha.. not only bring an ambulance, but also a fire truck. Everything but the kitchen sink. As soon as suspect #2 sees the whole barrage of dramatic vehicles coming, he gets out, throws the wretcher in the passenger seat, and runs to the driver seat and they PEEEEELOFF son. Peeled faster than a banana. Haha bad joke. And the police come and look around and .leave.

So me and my roommate go out there and look, and really, CREEPY. Um, Dora the Explorer girls bra and underwear, the kind for a 6 year old girl. And the tag is laying next to it. Its all covered in.. bile (not really any real vomit). Hi weird. And there is a bag from the store "Rainbow."  Seriously, this is not something normal.

If they had been drunk, ok, sure, but then why the girls underwear? And if they were sick, why would they peel out so fast if they see an ambulance coming? I keep coming up with gross possibilities. We called the po po again and told them to send someone to even look into it. So a guy came and just spot lighted it, did a 360 and left. Dang. So much for solving a huge case or something. But atleast we documented it. Hopefully no one is hurt.

--ANYWAYS. RESUME BLOGGING.

So TnT was really good. No.. great! I love Ruyi singing, and I love Dan's beats, and I love the slam poetry to the maxx. I also loved seeing the creativity of everyone who made Valentine's Day Cards. Its inspirational really.                                                                                     

Afterwards, Nathan and I hung out. I cant really say what we did, but involved Brown and an elevator and a marker. Aside from that, we were walking down Thayer and saw this red door. Behind it there was a party. So we carefully openned it, and there were beast stairs. We climbed them, hoping to be ok. Then there was a hallway. We followed the party noises. Slowly but surely inching down the hallway, we come upon a room filled with all sorts of people. And its music, and art, and a venue, at the same time as being an art studio, and its great. It was amazing. For the record, its called "The Spot on Thayer: Providence"    Whoa, I wish I knew about this glory previously. But sometimes, I guess you only come upon amazing things if you open strange red doors with party noises behind them. Tuesdays are a sort of Open Mic kind of thing called Creation:Tuesday. So much talent. There was one of the AS220 slam poets there. (Random: I saw a girl snort crack. No joke.) And its BYOB for the record, they even have a fridge to store it in if you bring some, yanno, or straight up Gatorade. And then someone sang "Open the Eyes of my Heart, Lord." And we were like.. whaaaaaaahhhtt. Ok haha. So it was good times. I'm going back sometime. Wait, Spogga, the Man, the Myth, the Dreadlock. Yes, only one dreadlock. Look him up here.

Ok. Crazy night. I love nights like these. Doesnt even feel like a Tuesday.

Later.

=Alissa-

3 comments:

HiQKid (Alex) said...

Oh, providence. You know, they were probably affected by some old ones...

My guess is a mix of shopping and drugs.

Or, I don't know. Maybe the white person was doing drugs, didn't want to get caught, and tried to vomit it all?

But still... where does the wig fit in?

Can't think about it any more.
----------------------------------
You has done graffiti in elevator?
----------------------------------
Spot sounds cool.

Alissa:Adventurer said...

HAha shopping and drugs. Seriously. Lol you should come to the Spot sometime! Do you like arty musicy weird stuff like that? It has a cover, but not really.. just whatever you can give. But its awesome. Seriously no joke.

And me.. graffiti? nawww never. it was all nathan! I swear.

HiQKid (Alex) said...

Aw, that's too bad. I <3 graffiti, if it's not trashy. Never tried it myself, though.

And yeah, I should go, totally.