Sunday, April 19, 2009

A lot of Meat and Cardboard.


Cardboard Testimonies - Christ's Church from Christ's Church - Jacksonville on Vimeo.

Please if you have a chance, then you need to watch this. Its amazing. Taken from an Easter service somewhere.




This weekend has been pretty good. Last night was the openning night of the Pawsox baseball team and a bunch of us went. After the game, I went with some friends to this beautiful park in Providence which over looks the city. Ive heard so many things about it, and everyone always talks about Prospect Point Park, but Ive never seen it! I totally recommend everyone to go there. Holy moly.


Feel free to look at some of my pictures here:
PawSox Game and Park Pics


I slept in this morning. What a relief.


Holy moly, Im listening to this podcast from Breakaway Ministries called "First Things First," about relationships and people and God. Its interesting.

The most interesting things about John 4, the woman at the well. Mmm. Man.
"I need to get my tank fixed."

Now is the time that I am ready for school and everything to be over to have more time to devote to just devulging myself in reading the bible and books and breaking out my concordance and just doing some resting in the Son. I remember when I was in tenth and eleventh grades, I had that great recliner in my room next to my bookshelf, and I would just sit and read and think and create things and write for hours every night. Those were some of the best times in my life.

Lately, Ive been thinking more and more about going to Bible school. Or hitting up some sort of training program for a few months. Not really sure what the deal is. Im kinda leaning more and more towards ELIChina, because its a Masters degree in TESOL, and you are also getting the whole deal of missionary stuff, working with a church over there in Asia somewhere. Also, TeachOverseas gives you come good ESL experience with a team of believers. Nothing is for sure yet, just praying about it intensely and seeing where God leads me. 

Hummm. This podcast is so interesting. Ok, I'm gonna go finish listening.

Here are some links for podcasts including the one Im listening too, as well as others from the series: 

First Things First, The Particulars, and one on Singleness these are from Breakaway Ministries at Texas A&M.


God Bless,
-Alissa-

No comments: