Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Your Little Hoodrat Friends


What a day. 

First of all I want to give a special shout out to my grandma, who I heard was reading my blog. Im flattered=) Hope you enjoy. haha.

I love my practicum team. 4 of us have been together since the beginning of our rotations, and we have bonded so well. Chimene, LaToya, Vivien (Yuan), and me! We are a crazy awesome ethnic mix too. I absolutely love it, and am learning so much about other peoples cultures. Such a good time. Today at the Airport we passed out surveys behind security to people who were waiting for flights and whatnot. I thought it was fun. I seriously love the part of my job where I get to interact with the general public, which is the better part of it thank God.  Sometimes, people are rude, but generally its awesome. I met a guy from Russia today, and we talked a little bit in Russian, very limited though. He was so impressed that I have been to Russia. He told me to go to St Petersburg next time. Will do my friend, will do. I also met this rhody native who now lives in Texas with "alot of land and a little house, but gotta visit Rhode Island atleast once a year, little lady." Its an exhausting but great trimester.

Kailey recommended that I write a book entitled "How Not to Be a Stupid Fool."

Haha. I think that would be funny.

If I could just write random stuff and have it count for a grade, that would be great by the way. Im great at it.

Things IM obsessed with right now:

  • 1. Stove top popped corn. Old school. Im obsessed.
  • 2. Drinking Russian tea. I have boxes of it from Russia. It calms me.
  • 3. Looking on Craigslist for apartments and free stuff. Want a free hamster cage? You got it.
  • 4. Singing old kiddy gospel songs a la:                                                                                                I may never march in the Infantry,
    Ride in the cavalry,
    Shoot the artillery.
    I may never zoom o'er the enemy,
    But I'm in the Lord's Army.
    I'm in the Lord's Army,
    I'm in the Lord's Army,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
    Or wait, this is even better, me and this girl were waiting for the bus today and we started singing, "Dont let Satan blow it out, Im gonna let it shine. Dont let satan blow it out, Im going to let it shine..."   And this other girl walks up and says "Dont let satan blow what up??!!" I think that is hilarious. 

  • 5. TIE DYE!!!! My partner, LaToya, and I are going to make some tie dye shirts for when we will be the tourguide in Greece. We will be stylin.  

Ok. I think thats all for now. Im done mumbling. Good night.

No comments: