Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just Another Tool in My Quest..

I added this thing on my blog here called Google Analytics, and it is really cool. It keeps track of the visitors I get, and a bunch of other information. Everytime someone visits it logs their location, operating system, time on site, browser, internet speed, social security number, and a camera view of their house. No Im just kidding about those last two, and dont worry, it doesnt like give exact locations or times, just general cities. So I know that in the last 24 hours someone from Rochester NY, Tonawanda NY, North Tonawanda NY, and Pawtucket RI looked at my blog, (oh gee wonder who those people are.. haha)  and that Firefox and Opera were popular operating systems that these people used.  Its a really great tool, and I am kind of obsessed right now. 


Today at AAA, we had our Five Diamond Customer Service training session. Let me tell you, after that thing I am the master of customer service (also got a fancy little pin, see above). It was super interesting, and the CS trainer, Nancy, was super awesome. She was so passionate about her job, and you could tell she enjoyed every second of it. They taught a lot of things about communication, how to work in a team, and how to treat customers, or members as AAA has. I kinda wish that everyone in the world was required to go through that training. It should be a mandatory class in High school pretty much. 

An interesthing thing that AAA has as a part of their cirriculum is the idea of "sure, we should treat others how we would want to be treated," but to take it to the next level, "we should treat people how THEY would want to be treated." I mean I think it is kind of the same thing, but more intense. She shared a story about this woman in the office who is a big hugger. She hugs everyone, loves to be touchy feely, all that kinda thing. Well, there was a newly hired employee and it was his birthday, so she went up and gave him a huge hug! He lurched back and furiously told her to never touch him again otherwise he would file harassment charges. Now, that man did not want to be touched. He felt it was unprofessional in that type of office setting. Of course, Nancy loved to hug, but if she had gotten to know him a little better, she would have seen how he wanted to be treated. Something to that affect. It's an interesthing way to view things I suppose.

Last night my friends Matt and Eileen came over and we made hummousous, which is essentially hummus and couscous mixed together with a dash of seasonings to taste. We invented it a while ago, and get together to make it as often as possible. We had to go to Bennys to buy a potato masher for a dollar because ours is missing. They were flimsy so we bought two just in case. haha gotta mash up them chick peas! Yum.

Otherwise life is good. Aside from reading a lot of Ecclesiastes, I've been listening to a lot of Mark Driscoll and Andy Stanley sermons lately, just getting a grip on some things. I have hesitation with the idea of listening to so much, because I would rather listen to one podcast 345 times but have it sink in and take affect, rather than just keep filling and filling my self up with them and not put them into practice. But I am erring on the side of multiple because I also think that you can never hear too much wisdom. 

Oh the woman at the well. How you have crossed my path so many times lately. 

Later

-Alissa-

3 comments:

HiQKid (Alex) said...

Hmmmm. Someone from Pawtucket? Who could that be?

Also:

"and that Firefox and Opera were popular operating systems that these people used"
...
"Firefox and Opera were popular operating systems"
...
"Firefox, Opera, operating systems"
...

?

Alissa:Adventurer said...

hmm what what? Oh by operating systems, I mean like pretend that I am an idiot about computers and think that operating systems means internet browsers. haha. oops. whatever.

HiQKid (Alex) said...

I figured that!

I was pointing it out in a somewhat sarcastic, ironic manner.

I loled when I read it. You're funny.